Re: List Moderation #adminnotice

That actually does bring up an interesting point though.

I forget exactly what it was, I think nvda-chat, but when things got to offtopic a chat list was created but we don't use it.

So, we should just go offtopic and use it if we want to I forget the address but it was decided by the group earlier on and well we don't use it so we should except I forget the address.

On 13/02/2019 2:57 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I also can be a bit loose in terms of moderation as well, except for the three hard and fast rules I posted. But normally people forget I'm mod until I step i. This from a 500 member list that has come with me for 15 years or somethingn like that.

Take care

On 12 Feb 2019, at 16:23, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

Lol, the first line in your message! For a moment I was believing you were talking serious. Scared and made me laugh a lot after the reality came up.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 12/02/2019 22:04, Nimer Jaber escreveu:
No!! No joking allowed!! This is your big bad owner, and no joking I tell you, no joking allowed!!

Seriously, I generally run a pretty loose ship, and believe that many things sort themselves out, that everyone is an adult, and until they prove me otherwise, I assume that the more hands-off I am, the better unless something comes up that requires me to step in. My job, as I see it, is to serve you and the community. I will be looking for a moderator with the same mindset, and joking will certainly not be disallowed.

As for off-topic messages, I have always said that off-topic messages, in a small quantity, are helpful to lists and list members, but if threads go on for days, or if a member continually posts off-topic messages, that at some point has to end for the sanity of the thousand members we have on this list.

Thanks as always for each of your contributions to jokes!

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:33 PM Chris Shook <chris0309@...> wrote:
My apologies as well.
I'll try and stay on topic in the future.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!