From: Life My Way via Groups.io [mailto:lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io]
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:33 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] audio ducking.

I did some digging and windows 7 does support audio ducking in the way you are discribing for windows 8 and above I can give you the referenced page i looked at .
it is.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd371006(v=vs.85).aspx

On 2/29/2016 9:44 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I'm talking about Windows API. In order for audio ducking to work, a screen reader must tell Windows that it wishes to indeed duck audio (this requires certain privileges). I'll talk audio ducking during the upcoming NVDA presentation.
Cheers,
Joseph