Re: Blogging with NVDA

Gene

Internet Explorer will become increasingly archaic over time. 
It still receives security updates but Microsoft no longer develops it.  Learning how to use Firefox, after the minor interface changes, will both give you access to a truly current browser, and it will, one hopes, make you more comfortable about learning about how to work with changes in other programs as they occur.

I am not advocating never using IE11.  There are times when IE11 and Chrome work better with this or that page, perhaps significantly better. 

But you may become a more versatile and accomplished user by trying to learn how to work with the changes in Firefox as well as use a much more current and better thought of browser.. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blogging with NVDA

What changes?  There have been some changes to the options dialog.  It still retains its old form but now there is no ok button and it's structure is technically more like a web page.  But the user still experiences it pretty much as a ddialog.  You may have to do certain things to get it to work, such as turn off browse mode after you open options.  Similar changes were made in the add ons interface.

Please ask about things here when changes occur so you can see if the changes are just minor annoyances or differences or if they really mean something.  In most cases, Firefox has been superior for years.  It is far better to consult here and try to learn the new changes than switch browsers. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blogging with NVDA

Hi. Thanks. I'll try warders.
So you don't  think I.E would work as well as firefox or is it just what you
use? I used to like firefox  few years back but after all the changes I use
IE mostly.
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed.
I get along with the voices inside of my head.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.