Re: Accessibility tips on this website would be appreciated

Jackie

Hello, Greg. I really wasn't able to look much at the source because
it appears you've got some sort of proprietary Javascript framework
running, which, if I'm at all correct, is not helping your cause. Your
objects appear to be clickable elements as opposed to standard links.
These may or may not work well w/NVDA depending on whether or not the
mouse is positioned properly. They certainly don't appear to do
anything when using either the left-click key or the object activation
key commands.

I am assuming, simply because you appear to know something about this,
that you've used alt tags to label images. That's always a dangerous
thing to do, though, as I'm certain you're well aware. Because I
couldn't study the source, I couldn't tell, but obviously those are
always a first step.

It also appears from the source that you may be importing content from
elsewhere, ie, I'm seeing references to IFrame in your javascript, &
that, too, may not be helping. I really think the problem here is
primarily your website framework. Again, not being able to look at the
full source is problematic, but that's my assessment after a 10-minute
glance, which likely is all my time permits. I do appreciate your
wanting to make your photo site accessible. I think a more
standardized content management system like WordPress or Drupal is
likely the 1 biggest step you could take to achieve that, & I also
understand that kind of undertaking isn't likely something you want to
do.

On 2/13/19, Bianka Brankovic <bianka.brankovic@...> wrote:
Hello Greg,

now, bare in mind I am not a web developer wiz myself.

However, the first thing that came to mind, have you tested the link with
other browsers?

I see the descriptions reliably with Firefox 60.3 ESR and Google Chrome
72.0.3, the system is a Win 10 64 Bit.

You might want to look into your website building tool of choice to find the
answer to this issue.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bianka