Re: NVDA and outlook, discussion about columns in message list

Tony Malykh

Sorry for a typo, I meant:

In threaded view when you press up arrow and then down arrow, the cursor often times would not go back to the original position.

--Tony

On 2/13/2019 12:14 PM, Tony Malykh via Groups.Io wrote:

Here is the list of my complaints about threaded view in Outlook. I would be glad if you could teach me how to use it properly.

1. Biggest complaint. In threaded view when you press up arrow and then down arrow, the cursor often times would go back to the original position. After some sighted assistance I figured out that it seems to be intentionally skipping over some emails, that are visually displayed in different tone (I think lighter) and Outlook probably thinks they are not ads important when you arrow down through them, but not if you arrow up. Which makes this view ridiculously confusing to me. Because I alwayss assume that up and down arrows are the opposites of each other. But Outlook is trying to be smarter here, I would call it too smart. So, is there a way to make up and down arrows to work as expected, e.g. cancel out each other?

2. Is there a way to know what level in the tree view you're currently at? So far I have to guess based on the title and the author of the email.

I think if I could have these two questions answered, I would take my words back about threaded view in outlook being unusable.

Best

Tony

On 2/13/2019 7:15 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 10:11 AM, Devin Prater wrote:
With Jaws, it works great, but not with NVDA.
Again, in what way?   It's impossible to make suggestions of any kind when assertions are not specific as to what you can do with one that you cannot do with the other.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back