Re: ie unsafe dolphin users

Ian Westerland

Just to provide a little more information, Dolphin produced some synthesizers that claimed to be very close to a real human voice--Apollo and Apollo 2. The first Apollo was a desk top synthesizer and the Apollo 2 is a software model.

From memory, there was a Dolphin Synthesizer as well but I can't remember too many details.

We have come such a long way with speach access and, yes, my Screen reader of choice is NVDA latest version. I wouldn't be without it.

Ian Westerland

Hi, Brad,
For years now I thought Dolphin was a screen reader. Thanks for the correction.
Rosemarie
*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Brad Snyder
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:04 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] ie unsafe dolphin users
Dolphin is not a screen reader, rather it is a company in the U.K. that markets several access technology software products.  Their primary product is the SuperNova Access Suite, which includes a screen reader and screen magnification product.
Dolphin is pretty big in Europe, but not so widely used in the United States, though they have been around for a while.
/- Brad -/
On Feb 13, 2019, at 17:04, Michael Munn <michaelrbms@... <mailto:michaelrbms@...>> wrote:
This piece of screen reading package is common in European countries. they're located in England.
Michael Munn
 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org/>
Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org <http://www.nfbmd.org/>
www.hadley.edu <http://www.hadley.edu/>
I've never heard of dolphin before lol.