Apollo - hardware
Juno - hardware feaatured for laptops

Rui Fontes

Às 23:37 de 13/02/2019, Ian Westerland escreveu:

Just to provide a little more information, Dolphin produced some synthesizers that claimed to be very close to a real human voice--Apollo and Apollo 2.  The first Apollo was a desk top synthesizer and the Apollo 2 is a software model.
From memory, there was a Dolphin Synthesizer as well but I can't remember too many details.
We have come such a long way with speach access and, yes, my Screen reader of choice is NVDA latest version.   I wouldn't be without it.
Ian Westerland
Hi, Brad,

For years now I thought Dolphin was a screen reader. Thanks for the correction.

Rosemarie

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Brad Snyder
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:04 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] ie unsafe dolphin users

Dolphin is not a screen reader, rather it is a company in the U.K. that markets several access technology software products.  Their primary product is the SuperNova Access Suite, which includes a screen reader and screen magnification product.

Dolphin is pretty big in Europe, but not so widely used in the United States, though they have been around for a while.

/- Brad -/

On Feb 13, 2019, at 17:04, Michael Munn <michaelrbms@gmail.com <mailto:michaelrbms@gmail.com>> wrote:

This piece of screen reading package is common in European countries. they're located in England.

Michael Munn

  National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org/>

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org <http://www.nfbmd.org/>

www.hadley.edu <http://www.hadley.edu/>

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:45 AM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@gmail.com <mailto:brainardmolly@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I've never heard of dolphin before lol.