From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: February 8, 2019 9:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems With NVDA

What are you basing your disagreement on?  Have you used 32bit Windows and with what memory?  Let's see what the minimum recommendation is for Windows 10 32 bit.  I would bet it is 1gb, perhaps less.

I just looked.  Here is the information:

Of course, people shouldn't run 64 bit Windows with 2GB of RAM.  But I have a 4GB of RAM computer and it runs very well.  Maybe if I had programs using a fair amount of memory doing things in the background, I would have a memory shortage.  But in the ways I use the computer, I don't.

I know that these days, manufactures often provide 8GB with 64bit Windows and that is a good idea.  it’s better to have a certain amount extra just in case.  But for years, 4GB was provided by a lot of manufactures in the Windows 7 days and a lot of people had good results.  I doubt Windows 10 is less efficient in use of memory than Windows 7.

And in the case of 32bit Windows, since the minimum is 1GB, that means that the ratio is the same.  You have twice as much as the minimum which should be fine for a lot of users.