From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: February 14, 2019 2:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR and pdfs

Oh, I see what you were asking.

Well, this is a technical manual for a piece of electronics.  I doubt it would have too much printing that would be very ornamental or fancy but I could definitely be wrong about that.  I'll ask my wife how it looks.

Thanks.

Dan

On 2/14/2019 1:56 PM, JM Casey wrote:

Yeah, I understand that bit.

If it’s poorly printed, or uses a very strange ornamental font, you may not be able to get anything from it through oCR. If it’s images of handwriting you will also get nothing.

Maybe pass the file(s) to someone else and see what they can make of it?