Re: Some mouse navigation questions

Mary Otten

Brian,

I couldn't agree with you more! I guess "me too" messages aren't all that useful. But hiding what should be plainly obvious behind unnecessarily opaque jargon defeats the purpose of the documentation in the first place. I guess that's why good technical writers are so hard to find.

Mary

On 2/15/2019 4:20 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 07:06 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
(and perhaps one day, voice).
          And were one to hide the incredibly direct term, "voice commands," under the rubric "input gestures" then all the opprobrium heaped upon you would be deserved.  Taking the direct "voice" and abstracting it to "input" should be a hanging offense.

          Say what you mean and mean what you say, using terminology "the typical user" can instantly recognize, is the foundation of good design.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back