Re: Some mouse navigation questions

Mary,

         Not that I don't blame technical writers for a multitude of sins in the world of documentation, but terminology used by an application is seldom determined by them.

         I'm not attempting to bash any individual or group, either, but share my hard-won insights after decades in many facets of IT.   I mean, in what earthly way would anyone who thought about it think that the abstraction "input gestures" superior to the far more conventional "commands," which covers any input method to issue them.

         As I have grown older I have become far more intolerant of practices, particularly related to writing, that seem to have as their main purpose making what is written less comprehensible by a broad audience.  Nowhere is this worse than in academic writing.  The idea that saying in one or two opaque terms what is immediately obvious using 5 common words should also be a shooting offense.

          All pursuits lead to some jargon for the sake of efficiency, and that's OK.  That's not what I'm talking about in any way.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back