NVDA and Alva Satellite Braille Display

Nightowl <nightowl145@...>

Hi,

I have an Alva Satellite Braille display, the one with a serial ports and a couple of USB ports. I am still having trouble getting it to work with NVDA. I installed Brltty and chose Alva and USB. I answered "no" when asked whether to install lib-usb. Still, my Alva displays "Waiting for connection". I don't know what I have done wrong - wrong usb cable, wrong usb port, or what.

If anyone has managed to get the Alva to work successfully with NVDA, I would be grateful for step by step instruction. I cannot upgrade the Alva at the moment.

Thanks.

Boon