Re: NVDA and Alva Satellite Braille Display

Nightowl <nightowl145@...>

Hi,

I did try Alva, the first item in the Braille menu, but it just says "Braille error," etc. I have the older Alva.

Thanks.

On 6/20/2016 10:01 AM, Alexander Masic wrote:
Hi!

What's the problem with NVDA-s own drivers for Alva? In the braille-menu Alva is the first selection. Why dont use it instead of brltty?

Den 2016-06-20 kl. 10:57, skrev Nightowl:
Hi,
I have an Alva Satellite Braille display, the one with a serial ports and a couple of USB ports. I am still having trouble getting it to work with NVDA. I installed Brltty and chose Alva and USB. I answered "no" when asked whether to install lib-usb. Still, my Alva displays "Waiting for connection". I don't know what I have done wrong - wrong usb cable, wrong usb port, or what.
If anyone has managed to get the Alva to work successfully with NVDA, I would be grateful for step by step instruction. I cannot upgrade the Alva at the moment.
Thanks.
Boon