FW: Billboards and adverts

Peter Beasley

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Lorna Greenwood - 38 Degrees
Sent: 14 February 2019 13:07
To: pjbeasley23@...
Subject: Billboards and adverts

​ ​

38 Degrees Logo

Dear Peter,

Loved ones stranded in A&E corridors. Hospital workers rushed off their feet. Our NHS is at breaking point because it doesn’t have the nurses it needs. [1]

The government’s decision to cut grants to young people training as nurses has only made the problem worse. Now, too many can’t afford the fees - and applications have dropped. [2]

Experts are calling this staff shortage the biggest crisis facing our NHS. [3] It’s splashed all over the news and the pressure is mounting on the government to act. [4]

Together, we could pile on even more pressure. A huge national campaign pushing the government to undo their cuts and help more young people train to become nurses, could make all the difference. We could get our message plastered across billboards and splashed across the newspapers. Government ministers in charge wouldn’t be able to miss it.

Peter, this won’t be easy and it won’t come cheap. But, when thousands of us from right across the country come together, we’re unstoppable.

So Peter, are you in? Will you chip in £1 right now to kick off the campaign - and make sure no one is stopped from becoming a nurse, simply because they can’t afford the fees?

Thanks for all you do,

Lorna, Ruby, Ellie, Kieran and the 38 Degrees team

NOTES:
[1] The Guardian: NHS suffering worst ever staff and cash crisis, figures show:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/11/nhs-suffering-worst-ever-staff-cash-crisis-figures-show
Pulse: £20bn NHS investment 'might go unspent' due to staff shortages:
http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/home/finance-and-practice-life-news/20bn-nhs-investment-might-go-unspent-due-to-staff-shortages/20037778.article
The Guardian: NHS ‘could be short of 350,000 staff by 2030’:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/15/nhs-could-be-short-of-350000-staff-by-2030
The Guardian: NHS staffing crisis could harm plan to save half a million lives:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/07/nhs-to-outline-plan-to-save-half-a-million-lives-over-next-decade
[2] The Royal College of Nursing: 'Removing the student nurse bursary has been a disaster': Ministers must look again at student funding, the RCN says, as nursing degree applications fall further:
https://www.rcn.org.uk/news-and-events/news/removing-the-student-nurse-bursary-has-been-a-disaster
The Independent: Nursing course applications fall for second year after student bursary scrapped:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nursing-applications-ucas-course-drop-nhs-grants-funding-debt-tuition-fees-costs-a8191546.html
[3] Nuffield Trust: The healthcare workforce in England: make or break?:
https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/research/the-health-care-workforce-in-england-make-or-break
[4] See note 1

38 Degrees wouldn’t exist without you, Peter.

38 Degrees has no big donors or corporate sponsors. Everything we achieve together is only possible because of fivers and tenners from ordinary people like you.

Please will you consider chipping in a fiver, a tenner or whatever you can spare now? Click here to donate securely:

Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to be part of our movement and receive our emails you can unsubscribe here.

This email was sent to pjbeasley23@....

38 DEGREES
Limited by guarantee
Registered Company No. 6642193 in England and Wales
Registered office: 40 Bowling Green Lane, London, EC1R 0NE