Re: CLARITY OF TERMINOLOGY AND DOCUMENTATION

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I am guessing the touch commands are the etc in the input gestures section. it does not mention touch at all only keyboard and braille but should be updated to say also touch.

Gene nz

On 17/02/2019 11:42 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Actually, I always found it too strange that this option was called "gestures", simply because, for me,  it means what it would mean out of the computer/programming world.
That is, a gesture is a gesture, isn't it? So I'm thinking, well here we should have the touch commands, why are the keyboard ones here as well?
And I'm into geeky stuff, sometimes dare myself programming some small things. I hope I'm not the only one geek with this understanding of things!

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 17/02/2019 06:37, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escreveu:
I think the issue though is when you see the word Gesture, you may not understand it as anything but a physical motion, ie making a rude sign or whatever, Its not universally known by this name for interaction with anything but touch sscreens based on my unscientific  study of half a dozen blind computer users!

A headinglike  keyboard, mouse and touch gestures for NVDA might explain it better.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-