From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] CLARITY OF TERMINOLOGY AND DOCUMENTATION

Another thing, and it's not necessarily easy to do, is make settings structures have multiple routes to get to the settings one is actually looking for.

I actually think that Microsoft has done an admirable, if not perfect, job of doing that with the Windows 10 settings.  One can start digging in from any of several different likely ports of entry and follow a different route somewhat intuitively (somewhat) connected to how one started looking in the first place.

I think this is particularly necessary for any given setting that may relate to several seemingly unrelated feature sets but where each depends on that setting in some way.

A good example of the Windows 10 Settings where they did NOT succeed in this is the Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart.  To me, even based upon the wording for the toggle itself, this should be a part of the Update & Security settings, but it isn't.  It's under Accounts, Sign-In options pane and I know of no way to get to it if you start out in Update & Security settings.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back