Re: Golden Cursor question

Gene

The search feature should, I think, be in NVDA, not in the Golden Cursor. This is important funcionality and is too important to depend on a user downloading an add-on to have it available.

From: Steve Nutt
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:58 PM
Subject: [nvda] Golden Cursor question

Hi,

In my efforts to find out if Golden Cursor is as good as the mouse with JAWS, I’d say not quite.  Let me explain.

I just downloaded it, and there seems to be no way to search for a string of text within GC and have the mouse land on that text, so you can just click it, without routing, saving positions, etc.

Could this possibly be added?  A Mouse Search in NVDA?  I use Search in JAWS cursor all the time, and it moves the mouse to where I want it.

Or am I really stupid and missing it?

Someone suggested that GC does more than the JAWS cursor, but I don’t really see that.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services