Re: Using Office Products with UIA

gene,
i tried and had my mentioned issues on my system.
but i know some people who say these are the issues of new windows versions
and on the contrary, today i asked another person and she told me that
she even has not slowness when navigating between items of desktop and
the files in her explorer!
someone told me that i should set my control panel view in small or
large icon and i did it when i had windows 7.
searching something and openning, for me worked as expected and the
only issue was when using first letter and even on that time, i did
not know how to navigate between items of control panel and only
tested with using first letter of my desired items.
date and time was just one example and maybe more openning undesired
item instead of the item which i wanted to open!

On 2/17/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
How many systems did you try this on? You have no basis to assume UIA is
the problem. One person, telling you about a problem they have means
nothing. the person may be making errors, or there may be some other
problem. I have never, on all the lists I'm on, in all the time since
Windows 7 and Windows 10- have been out, heard the complaint you are making,
that there is a general behavior that causes incorrect items to be opened.

Try the following:
Open the start menu.
Type date and time
and wait a moment.
Read the current line. Is it what you are looking for? If so, press
enter.
If not, down arrow until you find what you want. Press enter.

Usually, in Windows 7, when you are looking for something and you know what
you are looking for, opening Control Panel is unnecessary.

And we don't know if Control Panel is set up properly on your machine to
work as you expect with first letter navigation.

Try the procedure I gave and see what happens. We don't know why you are
having the problem. Turning off a part of Windows isn't the proper way to
find out what the problem is and it won't solve it if it is caused by
something else such as not having Control panel set properly to do what you
want.