Re: Microsoft refresh tool.

Windows 10 licenses, while they may be recorded as part of your Microsoft Account, are directly linked to the unique identifier of the hardware licensed.  You could hand that computer on to someone else tomorrow and they could do completely clean installs of Windows 10 to their heart's content even if all they used on the machine was a local account.

Windows 10, by design, will progress through Feature Updates throughout its service life.  The licence key is tied to the OS, not any specific Feature Update version of same.

If you really want your Windows 10 license key, along with those for virtually anything installed on your machine, Belarc Advisor can get that for you.

I have not ever used the Refresh option, but Microsoft's descriptions of the various Reset and other options have been accurate, so I imagine the Refresh description is, too.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back