Re: Using Office Products with UIA

Gene

What are you describing?  Document mode is a review mode.  Browse mode is intended to be used in a browser or a PDF document in programs that support it.  it creates a virtual cursor.  As far as I know, you aren't intended to use document review in browse mode.

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using Office Products with UIA

a problem also Joseph, is that with UIA enabled, NVDA brows mode and document mode, when you exit browse mode, are on completely different parts of a document.

On 2/17/2019 1:22 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

At least to answer Robert’s question through this one: no, it won’t be enabled by default, as NVDA developers and some testers found bugs and regressions with UIA on.

Cheers,

Joseph