Re: Reading printed landscape sheet

farhan israk

Thank you. Though I have cannon scanner, I use open book to scan documents. I don't use in build software of cannon because nvda doesn't say any option of that software.

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019, 12:39 am Brian Vogel <britechguy@... wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 03:00 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Often its the formatting that gets mangled when you do this I find.
Seriously, then the time has come to invest in a multi-function machine that can do the job, and with ease.

All of my Canon multi-functions for the last 15 years or so have been able to scan a document in either landscape or portrait format and create the corresponding OCRed and fully readable PDF.   I seem to recall recently it having actually scanned one that was portrait, but with a landscape banner running up the left side of the page, such that the banner was recognized.  This wasn't a good thing, though, so we ended up covering it up.

I think the top price, new, I've paid is around $80 and the cheapest one, now long gone was $29.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back