Re: having problems with re capture demo page

Buddy Brannan

I’ve had several reports of this when I mentioned it on Facebook yesterday, so it really isn’t isolated. I have no popup blockers enabled. Regardless, it shouldn’t be happening at all, especially as it only seems to be with the audio CAPTCHA.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy@brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962

On Feb 20, 2019, at 10:43 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@gmail.com> wrote:

I just did this 2 days ago when signing up for wwv, (no that is not a mis type) and did not get the issue. using safari, or in this case, used safari. I have seen this before. I was urged to allow pop ups by the tech support guys when I last got this. i did that and it worked. I then turned on my blocker afterwords.

On 20 Feb 2019, at 7:39, Buddy Brannan wrote:

This is not correct at all.

I have only one Google account, and have been getting this same message, mind you only when selecting “Get an audio challenge”, on both Chrome and Safari. Google have clearly broken something here.

On Feb 19, 2019, at 4:52 PM, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@gmail.com> wrote:

The browser you're using has multiple Google accounts cookied. You have to visit the Google.com page and logout/remove any extra Google accounts. Then make sure only your main Google account is cookied on that browser.

Hi guys

I was asked on another list if people are having problems with re capture in this case he sent me a demo page and nvda reports unavailable in all editable sections it reads out the section. also down where you check the check box to say you are not a bot or what ever it is as soon as you check it it takes you to another page where it wants you to try and pass either a text bassed one or a audio one but then gives you a message saying

Part of the message below. He gets this on other websites with capture .

What happens is that I get a message that says we can't process your query because a computer on your network might be sending automated queries. I don't believe anything here is doing that. I've read that one of the ways reCAPTCHA uses to try to tell that we're not a robot is to look at your mouse movements. But of course I'm not using a mouse so it might look like I'm a robot. Maybe some people might agree but let's not go there right now.

Is it on there side and they have broken it? I also tried some other browsers same sort of results with the latest stable version of nvda.

There is a link in the email to the demo page.

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884 How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/