Re: CTRL-C doesn't work for copying text when NVDA is on

Mohamed

I think you're referring to Clipspeak?

On 2/20/2019 12:56 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Using fake clipboard announcement it does exactly what you described. That is, it speaks the command regardless it has worked or not.
However, there is an add-on which also does exactly what you described after the first, I just can't remember its name right now.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 20/02/2019 14:49, Kwork escreveu:
But do any of these add-ons speak the result of the action itself, or just the keyboard command when pressed?

When I tried one, I realized that it would say "copied to clipboard," whether the action had been completed successfully or not. When I used to use JAWS, if the program said "copied" after pressing ctrl+c, I knew I could believe it. With the NVDA add-on, it spoke the action, but didn't know for sure if it worked or not, which many times it did not. If this has been somehow fixed, that would be a great aid as NVDA's silence can be somewhat irritating until verifying what's on the clipboard with NVDA+c. I'd love it to not only echo the key action.

Another thing I'd like to see in NVDA is for the first part of a large block of text being read out when NVDA+c is pressed. As of now it tells you the number of characters, but that's all. If you are moving large portions of text at a time, it would be nice to have some confirmation of at least some of it, maybe the first 100 characters or so. Even the full text would be ok as anything past what you'd want to hear can be easily silenced by the user with the control key.

Travis

On 2/20/2019 10:30 AM, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,

Is it tha the command doesn't work, or that its result isn't announced?

There are some add-ons to make NVDA announce when text is copied to clipboard or pasted.

The one I use is called

FakeClipboardannouncement.

hth, ciao,

Ollie