Re: CTRL-C doesn't work for copying text when NVDA is on

Quentin Christensen

Did you mention in one email further in the thread that copying with control+c is working in Word but not Firefox?  Do you happen to be selecting text with the mouse?  There is a known issue where if you select text with the mouse on the web, pressing CONTROL+C doesn't work with NVDA running.  In that case, what you can do is either right click or press the applications key to open the context menu, and choose "copy".

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 3:57 AM Ryan Boudwin <ryanboudwin@...> wrote:
Hey everyone,

I recently swapped from JAWS to NVDA because it seems to work better for me for certain web applications that I use for work.

However, whenever NVDA is running I have noticed that CTRL-C no longer works for copying text to the clipboard.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there a command I need to bind to a different keystroke to make the normal copy functionality work again? It works normally whenever NVDA is not running.

Best regards,

Ryan Boudwin

--
Quentin Christensen