Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

The preview pane is disabled and the subject line startedrepeating itself again. I don't know why this behavior is persisting.

On 2/23/2019 2:45 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, do you know if you have the review pain disabled and Thunderbird? This pops up a brief version of the message as soon as your cursor passes over it even before it is opened. If this is disabled, I think this behavior will go away.
On Feb 23, 2019, at 12:19 AM, Annette Moore <angelgirl52376@gmail.com> wrote:
Sile
I don't usually let it read me the subject after hitting enter; instead, I immediately hit the say-all command. however, I just purposely let it start reading the entire email without doing anything after hitting enter, and it only read me the subject once, followed by the body. I'm using the latest version of thunderbird, whatever that is. It just updated fairly recently. Sorry; I know this probably isn't helpful, to hear that my thunderbird isn't repeatedly reading me the subject lines of emails, but I thought I'd let you know I'm not experiencing the same issue here.

Annette

On 2/22/2019 10:50 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts to read.

Hi, everyone,

I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie