Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Gene

You are generalizing from your experience, evidently on one computer.  It's nice you don't have to issue one extra command.  But when four or five people say they have the subject line announced when they open a message, it is not very likely that all these people have abnormally slow processors.  Or, let's say that a very fast processor does eliminate the problem.  Clearly, the majority of users don't need and won't have such a processor.  Does your computer have a gaming speed processor, or close to it?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

No helping is necessary in thunderbird.  I press enter on a message, it opens, reads the message with no intervention from me, and I can then delete the message, and it moves on to the next one.  I don't have to remove my finger from the delete button for most of my messages, and the only time I do move my finger is when I want to keep a message, I then press control-w to close the message, arrow down to go to the next one, and press enter and start the process again.  No repeating, no manual intervnetion, and no need to stop reading or start reading of any kind, it's all automatic, and it only reads what it should.

On 2/23/2019 3:27 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what you mean by starting to navigate.  Just issue the read to end command.  the same when doing a search in a browser using the screen-reader search.  If you issue read current line immediately when you hear speech after initiating a search, the extraneous material will stop being read and the intended material will be heard. 

You have to help screen-readers along at times, given the complex environments in which they work and their complexity and given that they are working in a visually oriented interface.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency
loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts
to read.

On 2/22/2019 8:23 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
> I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit
> enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is
> read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.