Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

The subject isn't repeating anymore. I have thunderbird set to a new tab and it's working fine now.

On 2/23/2019 2:06 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Just hit up arrow once and it should just read.

On 23/02/2019 06:12, Annette Moore wrote:
yay! Glad the subject isn't repeating like a broken record for you now. (Grin).

Annette

I have it set to a new tab and now the subject line isn't repeating anymore. I did turn off the message pane and that might have helped.

On 2/22/2019 9:23 PM, Annette Moore wrote:

Ok, when I opened a message in a new window, it did repeat the subject here about three times. Opening the message in a new tab didn't have that result.

Annette

Hi

No

In my case i use thunder bird and open it in a new window as soon as it opens so it does not repeat the subject line i use the desktop command nvda key + down arrow key for it to start reading the email.  So it is not repeated. If i remember right the command for a lap top user is nvda key + a? I would have to check.

Gene nz

Hi, everyone,

I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

--
Image NVDA certified expert

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/