Re: subject keeps repeating when I hit enter on a message in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

I have thunderbird set to a new tab and it's working great now.

On 2/23/2019 11:42 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
I really think this has to do with cpu usage, not anything to do with thunderbird itself.  I don't have this problem 99 percent of the time.  I have my messages opening in a separate tab, and when I press enter on a message, it opens a new tab, reads the message just fine with no repeating, and I can then press control-W to close the message, delete to remove it, or use my arrow keys to move to a web link if needed so I can click on it to open the page in chrome.

Very occasionally I get repeating, and it's almost always when my machine is doing other things and eating a lot of CPU.  Otherwise, there is no repeating of anything for me, and never has been with any version of thunderbird I've used.

On 2/22/2019 11:50 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
No. you'll just have to get used to it. This is part of the efficiency loss of being blind. I get it four times.
You can avoid it somewhat by starting to navigate as soon as it starts to read.

Hi, everyone,

I have thunderbird set to open messages in a new tab but when I hit enter on a message, the subject keeps repeating before the message is read out. Isthere a setting I might need to change in thunderbird?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie