Re: Telegram

Mallard <mallard@...>

Is it still accessible? that's good news, because actually, if I understand it correctly, both Telegram and Whatsapp are now using the algorithms that were originally developed by Signal.

the problem with it is that I never managed to get my contacts to join it... So I abandoned it eventually.

But I loved it, except for the (then) lousy audio quality in calls.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 24/02/2019 02:01, Ryan Boudwin ha scritto:
Signal is an excellent alternative to Telegram and is fully accessible on all platforms.

It has the same security advantages as telegram.

Ryan

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:56 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... <mailto:marrie12@...>> wrote:

Well, that, and no one I know of in the usa uses telegram anyway.
so for me I'm not missing out. What's app for me, my family and my
usa and canada peoples are more popular.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 11:38, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

Missing out, then.

That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because
it's not in the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.

I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch
money away from developers.

On 2019-02-23 10:24 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from
the the play store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did
give a reason as to why they cannot put it in the play store
but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 4:58, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,

Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app
developed by people at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.

I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving
such a great solution, while the devs of the actual
Telegram app treated our requests for accessibility with
contempt, to say the least...

They actually replied to me using very strong language
when I first contacted them at the end of 2013, when the
app had just been released... Never seen anything like that!

The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could
see, but I haven't gone into that too much, having a very
good solution on my phone.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 23/02/2019 08:12, Kwork ha scritto:

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop
application anyway. 😊

Travis

On 2/22/2019 10:47 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

The website is.

web.telegram.org <http://web.telegram.org>

On Android, if you use that, there is an app
called Teleight that is also 100% accessible.

hope that helps

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform
called Telegram. Has anyone used it here, and
is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis