Re: Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

Ok, I got it now. Thanks for the answers :)
Em 24/02/2019 15:05, Gene escreveu:

The screen-reader can't work with the search built into the browser.  The page that you are reading is in a buffer where the screen-reader reformats it.

Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

So it's an option that the screen reader isn't able to deal with, is it right?
Sorry for asking too much as I am but it really got me curious.
Em 24/02/2019 14:30, Gene escreveu:
If you aren't using a screen-reader you use the actual search built into the browser itself.

Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:13 AM

But, what's the point of the "search for" option built-in on the browser? How one would deal with this option not using a screen reader?
Em 24/02/2019 14:11, Gene escreveu:
You are searching using the buffer which screen-readers that use browse mode or the Virtual PC cursor use.  You aren't working directly with the page in browse mode or equivalent mode in a different screen-reader.  You must use the search command the screen-reader designates.

Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 10:09 AM

Hi guys,
Anyone could tell me what's the difference between these two commands?
I'm asking because using the browser command to search, nothing happens after I hit enter. On the other hand if I use the NVDA command I'll able to search for what I'm wanting to.
P.S.: Using Firefox.

Marcio
Follow or add me on Facebook