Re: Invisible Dropbox pop-ups

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Actually I noticed this behavior only after the latest windows update.  Strange how windows updates affect us in not so convenient ways.  Cheers!

On 2/25/2019 1:08 AM, James Scholes wrote:
On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 07:45 AM, Gene wrote:
Is there any reason to have it running constantly?

Yes.  I use Dropbox for work, so exiting and restarting the client all day long would be just as inconvenient as these pop-ups.  My Dropbox also contains a large number of source code files.  They're small in size but the Dropbox client takes a long time to index them on startup.  Not to mention the fact that one of the key selling points of the product is that it runs in the background, making cloud storage as convenient as a folder on your computer.