Re: Telegram

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Signal is a message protocol featuring rigorous end to end encryption.  Many messaging apps use the Signal protocol.

George

On 2/23/2019 8:36 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well what is telegram and what is signal.

On 24/02/2019 2:15 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:
I downloaded signal desktop and installed it. Doesn't seem to talk well. Is there a manual and or hotkeys for the app? How can I get started?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 6:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Telegram

Is it interoperable (by which I mean, if you use Signal and I use Telegram, can we communicate)?

Or is it just another "closed society", where the people who are in can talk to each other, but not to anyone else?

Antony.

On Sunday 24 February 2019 at 02:01:39, Ryan Boudwin wrote:

Signal is an excellent alternative to Telegram and is fully accessible on
all platforms.

It has the same security advantages as telegram.

Ryan

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:56 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
Well, that, and no one I know of in the usa uses telegram anyway. so for
me I'm not missing out. What's app for me, my family and my usa and
canada peoples are more popular.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 11:38, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

Missing out, then.

That's like saying you won't buy an app on a computer because it's not in
the windows or mac app store. It is just sillyness.

I wish more apps did that. Google and apple love to snatch money away
from developers.

On 2019-02-23 10:24 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I will never use that program because you don't buy it from the the play
store, hence I don't trust the devs. They did give a reason as to why
they cannot put it in the play store but I have now forgotten it.

Take care

On 23 Feb 2019, at 4:58, Mallard wrote:

Hello there,

Yes, I use Telelight in Android, which is a great app developed by people
at the University of Tabriz, in Iran.

I'll never be grateful enough to those devs for giving such a great
solution, while the devs of the actual Telegram app treated our requests
for accessibility with contempt, to say the least...

They actually replied to me using very strong language when I first
contacted them at the end of 2013, when the app had just been released...
Never seen anything like that!

The website is ok with NVDA as well, as far as I could see, but I haven't
gone into that too much, having a very good solution on my phone.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 23/02/2019 08:12, Kwork ha scritto:

Thank you very much!

That seems to work. Better than the desktop application anyway. 😊

Travis

On 2/22/2019 10:47 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

The website is.

web.telegram.org

On Android, if you use that, there is an app called Teleight that is also
100% accessible.

hope that helps

On 2019-02-22 11:19 p.m., Kwork wrote:

I've been hearing about a social platform called Telegram. Has anyone
used it here, and is it at all accessible with NVDA? Thanks.

Travis