Re: New addon: BrowserNav

Raha Tehrani

Hi tony.
I would be so grateful if you assigned NVDA a shortkey out of pressing
which, you could move among clickables. "/" for next clickable and
"shift+/" for the previous one. I think NVDA has totally forgotten
about it. while JAWS has already been using it since ages ago.
I've mentioned this problem several times. but nobody cared. who knows?
maybe you'd consider it for the next update of your addon. or, I'll
have to get ready to design, plan and program an addon for NVDA.
all the best.
Take care.

On 2/25/19, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:
Hello

Announcing BrowserNav - a new NVDA add-on that provides enhanced
navigation keystrokes in browsers.
Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.1/BrowserNav-1.1.nvda-addon
Source code:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/

BrowserNav provides NVDA users powerful navigation commands in browse mode.
For example, with BrowserNav you can find vertically aligned paragraphs,
that is paragraphs with the same horizontal offset. This can be used to
read hierarchical trees of comments or malformed HTML tables.
You can also find paragraphs written in the same font size or style.
BrowserNav also provides new QuickNav commands: P for next paragraph and
Y for next tab.

## Usage in browsers
BrowserNav can be used to navigate by  horizontal offset from the left
edge of the screen, by font size, or by font style.
* When navigating by horizontal offset, you can easily find paragraphs
that are vertically aligned on the page. IN particular, you can press
NVDA+Alt+DownArrow or UpArrow to jump to the next or previous paragraph
that has the same offset. For example, this can be useful when browsing
hierarchical trees of comments (e.g. on reddit.com) to jump between
first level comments and skipping all the higher level comments.
* When navigating by font size, you can easily find paragraphs written
in the same font size, or smaller/greater font size.
* You can also navigate by font size with the constraint of same font
style.

BrowserNav works in any browser supported by NVDA.

Keystrokes:

* NVDA+Alt+UpArrow or DownArrow: Jump to previous or next paragraph with
the same horizontal offset or font size.
* NVDA+alt+LeftArrow: Jump to previous paragraph with lesser offset or
greater font size.
* NVDA+Alt+RightArrow: Jump to next paragraph with greater offset or
smaller font size.
* NVDA+O: Switch rotor setting between horizontal offset, font size,
font size with font style.
* P or Shift+P: Jump to next or previous paragraph.
* Y or Shift+Y: Jump to next or previous tab.

Please note that some of this functionality has been formerly a part of
my other addon IndentNav.

Best regards
Tony