Re: Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes the problem is unless you refresh the page after a web side search, nothing has changed as the old buffer is still in memory.
This is also why sometimes nvda still says that a page is displayed when its changed if it missed the update page signal, and one has to force it to reload.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

You are searching using the buffer which screen-readers that use browse mode or the Virtual PC cursor use. You aren't working directly with the page in browse mode or equivalent mode in a different screen-reader. You must use the search command the screen-reader designates.

Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 10:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

Hi guys,
Anyone could tell me what's the difference between these two commands?
I'm asking because using the browser command to search, nothing happens after I hit enter. On the other hand if I use the NVDA command I'll able to search for what I'm wanting to.
P.S.: Using Firefox.

--

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow or add me on Facebook

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.