From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Hearing "Unknown" when Using a Mouse

Some forms have radio buttons which allow you to make a choice
whenselecting something. There are also combo boxes.

On 2/25/2019 7:25 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

When using forms mode, it is expected that some sort of identifying
text will be included with the item needing to be acted upon.
Therefore, some checkboxes might have a title saying it's the yes or
the no check box. If the said text isn't present, then NVDA has no
way to know what the item is refering to, so will only state the
actual item and not what it is supposed to be referring to. This goes
for all gui elements, not just checkboxes.

On 2/25/2019 10:10 PM, bestuiexperience wrote:
I am a software developer trying to develop accessible software. I am
working with some checkboxes that always announce "unknown" before
announcing the label. This occurs only in forms mode and only when
using a mouse (which I understand some NVDA users do). Any clue as to
what might be causing the issue?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>