Re: Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

Gene

I wasn't going to respond to your last message because I hoped that someone who speaks with the authority of a developer would respond.  They still may.  I wouldn't have continued to answer when it became clear that you wouldn't believe what I said if we were not on the list.  But this is an NVDA list with users who range from beginner to advanced.  I shall therefore quote from the manual.  Maybe you will think the manual writers know what they are talking about if you insist that I don't.

I tried using control f during the debate to make absolutely sure it doesn't work in browse mode.  It doesn't.  I wasn't moved to the result I was looking for.

From the manual:
Find
NVDA+control+f
Pops up a dialog in which you can type some text to find in the current document
Find next
NVDA+f3
Finds the next occurrence of the text in the document that you previously searched for
Find previous
NVDA+shift+f3
Finds the previous occurrence of the text in the document you previously searched for

If control f could be used, don't you think it would have been stated in the manual and would be the command given?  Why give a command different from the general one used in Windows and Windows programs and a command that requires that an extra key be pressed when simply control f can be used.