Re: Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

Rui,
I'm using Firefox and only get anything if using the NVDA search command. Would be it any error from my side?
Em 26/02/2019 09:23, Rui Fontes escreveu:

The differences are also dependent on the browser used...

In Microsoft Edge, using NVDA+Control+F, or NVDA+F3, it works, but using only Control+F or F3, it announces how many occurrences were found on the page, but it is not possible to go there. It is possible to go near the occurrence, pressing Tab until we get to the page, but we are placed on the next control to the occurrence...

If using Google Chrome, the NVDA commands, NVDA+Control+F or NVDA+F3, work, and the browser commands, Control+F or F3,  also work. You must press Escape after using the browser commands to go to the occurrence found...

In Internet Explorer, the same results.

In Mozilla Firefox, both NVDA and browser commands work...

Tests performed with Windows 10 1809 and last NVDA Alpha...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:42 de 26/02/2019, marcio via Groups.Io escreveu:
I'll have to agree, it seems Travis is the only one who is able to use this CTRL+F command as it should be used.
Still waiting to know what we are doing so wrong to have different results. It's about 3 people having the same result against only one who isn't getting the said.
Well maybe we are out of lucky. Maybe...

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 26/02/2019 08:38, Gene escreveu:
I wasn't going to respond to your last message because I hoped that someone who speaks with the authority of a developer would respond.  They still may.  I wouldn't have continued to answer when it became clear that you wouldn't believe what I said if we were not on the list.  But this is an NVDA list with users who range from beginner to advanced. I shall therefore quote from the manual.  Maybe you will think the manual writers know what they are talking about if you insist that I don't.
I tried using control f during the debate to make absolutely sure it doesn't work in browse mode.  It doesn't. I wasn't moved to the result I was looking for.
From the manual:
Find
NVDA+control+f
Pops up a dialog in which you can type some text to find in the current document
Find next
NVDA+f3
Finds the next occurrence of the text in the document that you previously searched for
Find previous
NVDA+shift+f3
Finds the previous occurrence of the text in the document you previously searched for
If control f could be used, don't you think it would have been stated in the manual and would be the command given?  Why give a command different from the general one used in Windows and Windows programs and a command that requires that an extra key be pressed when simply control f can be used.