From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: 26 February 2019 03:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Hearing "Unknown" when Using a Mouse

When using forms mode, it is expected that some sort of identifying text will be included with the item needing to be acted upon.  Therefore, some checkboxes might have a title saying it's the yes or the no check box.  If the said text isn't present, then NVDA has no way to know what the item is refering to, so will only state the actual item and not what it is supposed to be referring to.  This goes for all gui elements, not just checkboxes.

On 2/25/2019 10:10 PM, bestuiexperience wrote:

I am a software developer trying to develop accessible software. I am working with some checkboxes that always announce "unknown" before announcing the label. This occurs only in forms mode and only when using a mouse (which I understand some NVDA users do). Any clue as to what might be causing the issue?