Re: Staying in Forms for Checkboxes

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 11:08 AM, Gene wrote:
I think it is less confusing if automatic switching is turned off.
While that is arguably true, I believe that any user is better off when doing accessibility testing using the default settings.  It gives them a far more realistic feel for what "the typical user of [insert specific screen reader here]" will experience when using the software in it's typical configuration.

My own experience is that it hasn't made all that much difference as far as what NVDA announces whether I'm navigating strictly by keyboard (or using quick navigation shortcuts) or getting to an object or location by point and click (at least when mouse tracking is on, and it is by default).

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back