Re: Thunderbird and trash

Adriano Barbieri

This is the first installation, never had previous versions.

I will try to find a previous version, I will have to disable the automatic update of TB, otherwise I find myself still with this version.

I'll let you know.

Regards

adriano

Il 26/02/2019 18:18, Gene ha scritto:
Have you tried shift delete?� Also, as I said, you can go back to an earlier version.� If the problem started immediately after you upgraded, then there may be a problem with that version.
�
Gene
----- Original Message -----�
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Thunderbird and trash

Hi Gene,

I tried to delete the trash folder of an account and the related Trash.msf file, the path file appears from the account basket properties, in my case:

C:/Users/Adriano/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/uaip436j.default/Mail/pop.mail.yahoo.it/

I restarted TB, and ... even worse, it did not erase anything anymore, it allowed me to correct the folder from the properties.

In the end I restored the 2 files from the Windows trash.

I do not know what to say, it seems that this happens also to other people, but not everyone.

Thanks to everyone anyway for the help.

I am always listening for other possible solutions.

Regards

Adriano

il 26/02/2019 00:08, Gene ha scritto:
As I think about it further, uninstalling the program and reinstalling it may not accomplish anything. �Brian distinguished between POP3 accounts and IMAP accounts.� I don't use IMAP so I won't address that.� My guess is that if you uninstall the program, it leaves your folders on the computer if you are using POP3.� If there is a problem with the folder, uninstalling and reinstalling the program may accomplish nothing.� removing the folder and allowing the program to automatically create a new one when you run it may solve the problem.� I have no idea if going back to a previous version of the program would help.� I don't use Thunderbird and I don't know how you would delete the folder but if you don't want to use shift delete and are using POP3, deleting the folder may be the best thing to try as a first attempt to solve the problem.
�
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 4:55 PM

Did the problem start immediately after the upgrade?� You may want to try to uninstall and reinstall the program or go back to the previous version and set it not to update.� Or you may want to try shift delete, which should also solve the problem.
�
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 4:50 PM

Are use three male clients
Apple on the two systems Mac and iPhone
And use thunderbird and that is the only one that ever asks to compact messages
Regards Ian
On 26 Feb 2019, at 6:45 am, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...> wrote:

When I emthy the trash folder, I hit control a, then I hit the shift eeleate key. I never have any compacting issues.

> On 2/25/2019 2:32 PM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:
> Hi Gene,
> Shift + d does not work.
> Regards
> Adriano
> Il 25/02/2019 18:52, Gene ha scritto:
>> Do you want messages to accumulate in the trash folder as a safeguard against accidental deletion?� If not, use shift d instead of delete. That will delete the messages and not send them to the trash folder, which should work around the problem.
>> Gene
>> ----- Original message -----
>> *From:* Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io <mailto:adrianobarb@...>
>> *Sent:* Monday, February 25, 2019 10:28 AM
>> *To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> *Subject:* Re: [nvda] Thunderbird and trash
>>
>> Thanks� Brayan, but the problem is, why the trash can't work normally?
>>
>> It seems that the trash folder has a limit of 10/12 messages only at a time.
>>
>> I also tried to repair it from its properties, but the problem persists and it is quite frustrating to delete 70 or more messages, always having to compact or empty this trash folder.
>>
>> Other ideas?
>>
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Adriano
>>
>>
>> Il 25/02/2019 17:03, Brian Vogel ha scritto:
>>> Adriano,
>>>
>>>���������� See: https://www.hampshire.edu/it/thunderbird-compacting-folders
>>>
>>> or the source material used to write it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders
>>> --
>>>
>>> Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
>>>
>>> */A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep./*
>>>
>>>���������� ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/
>>>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.