Re: Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 01:37 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I don't mind the silene as I am yelled at if nothingn on that page is found in regard to the string I typed.
Which is fine if you know exactly what to expect.   For anyone who already uses the technique, is comfortable with it, and may be teaching someone else - in which case they'll be teaching the technique completely and noting its pitfalls - more power to you.

This isn't saying that no one can or should use a technique they prefer.   But, you have to be complete about what that technique is.  I would have discovered the NVDA speaks part after hitting Escape ages ago had that been included.   Even though it works, it's also completely counterintuitive as Escape (just as Control) alone will typically shut a screen reader up.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back