Re: alt tab quits working at random when nvda is running

Tyler Spivey

You can only retrieve the log from one restart ago, at %temp%\nvda-old.log.

This has been an ongoing, annoying problem for NVDA for years. It was considerably worse before some UIA changes went in to 2018.4 (#7345). I don't think I've seen it since it was fixed.

On 2/26/2019 9:29 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
except I did not have explorer open. I had p3d, obs, firefox, project fly, skype, I think my mail program and that was about it. Is there a way retrieve the logs from 2 restarts of nvda ago or am I basically SOL until it happens again. I really do want to submit the log for this if possible.
On 26 Feb 2019, at 9:16, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I also get this but put it down to the same issue like open an
Explorer window and nvda will not register its open yet it is open
as cursor down brings it to life. Same goes sometimes in web sites
not auto reading or indeed not showing having focus either unless
you do something like open a menu and close it
I think that there is a kind of slugging effect going on in all
these scenarios that makes nvda not get the event it needs to detect
the changes reliably.
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.