Re: Differences between using the NVDA and the browser commands search on a webpage

Sarah k Alawami

On 26 Feb 2019, at 10:57, Gene wrote:

Window-eyes had a separate browse mode search, JAWS does and NVDA does.

We know this, but I don't think many of us use it. I was trained to use the windows find when I first got a computer in 2002 and I've used it ever since. so for me over the past almost 20 years it works. IN fact i don't ever recall using a jaws find, it was what ever the browser did when I had jaws in 2009. and to tell you the truth I didn't know about nvda find until this year, I always thought they were synonymous, until a few days ago.

My computer teachers always taught their newly blinded, or students the windows way first, the screen reader way second, and to me that is how it should be in case you use different screen readers, you will always know the windows way first at least.