Re: Hearing "Unknown" when Using a Mouse

Jonathan COHN

This is most likely NVDA telling you the name of the mouse cursor. Did you perchance use a custom cursor in a MouseOver? Generally, I just look for the mouse type to change when I pay attention to it. Also, if it is the mouse announcement, then when you move off the check box you should hear “pointer”, “hand” or other such descriptions.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of bestuiexperience <bestuiexperience@...>
Date: Monday, February 25, 2019 at 10:13 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Hearing "Unknown" when Using a Mouse

I am a software developer trying to develop accessible software. I am working with some checkboxes that always announce "unknown" before announcing the label. This occurs only in forms mode and only when using a mouse (which I understand some NVDA users do). Any clue as to what might be causing the issue?