Re: Extraneous text in Windows Settings after 1809 upgrade

molly the blind tech lover

This text that NVDA reads, it seems to be gone from my machine today. Maybe a windows update fixed it?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of bering.p
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Extraneous text in Windows Settings after 1809 upgrade

Hi,
Onmy Pc,with "windows+i" , I ear also  this words.
I don't think it's a live   region. It's the name of a static window.
This is the windows hierarchy:

niveau 1   windowClass: ApplicationFrameTitleBarWindow, name: Paramètres, role: fenêtre, description: , value: Paramètres   windowClass: Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow, name: CN=Microsoft Windows, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US, role: fenêtre, description: , value: None  réduit  2 sur 4  niveau 1
 windowClass: ApplicationFrameTitleBarWindow, name: Paramètres, role: fenêtre, description: , value: Paramètres  3 sur 4  niveau 1
 windowClass: ApplicationFrameInputSinkWindow, name: None, role: inconnu, description: None, value:   4 sur 4  niveau 1

Cheers.

Paul.

Le 27/02/2019 16:59, Joseph Lee a écrit :

Hi,
A few weeks ago someone sent me a debug log of this problem, and it appears it is a live region text that is being read by NvDA. I can't reproduce this on my systems running 1809 and later, but that doesn't mean I have forgotten about this problem.
Cheers,
Joseph