Re: good, responsive synthesizers?

marvin kotler

Good evening; Marv here. I am also using windows ten; I upgraded from windows 7. I was kind of surprised a synthesizer I had on 7 came to ten with me; it is an older one called microsoft speech synthesis 4. It has quite a few voices and for an old synthesizer, a lot of the voices are very clear in my opinion; good luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 6:35 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] good, responsive synthesizers?

Hi,

I have a new laptop which has windows 10 onit. It is so new that some
of the old synths I have used in the past on my old laptop won't even
install.

Now I guess I am in the market for a new synth with some new voices.

Which of those offered out there are good in response time and which
handle pronunciation of the most words correctly?

Please do not suggest ESpeak because I have tried it every release of
NVDA and I just can't deal with the voices it has.

I have been using MS David since getting this machine and it is painful
with the sluggish response times.

Thanks for any info. I hope to learn from others rather than having to
learn by painful experience.

Dan Beaver