Re: To the NVDA team: this is urgent

Probably more like expired, this can happen from time to time.

There was an article about this, aparently you are not always notified on this stuff and in some cases spaciffic certs need to be for spaciffic things.

This has lead to security issues because older hardware or anything all over the place can expire.

If they expire you can't just remote in to them and fix it you need to locally replace certs.

Doesn't help that hackers not only get them but companies either drop, loose or release keys to early sometimes they are invalid from the start.

The worst one of these was when windoweyes was reportedly hacked and compromised.

 However a friend of mine who is into the tech industry privately asked gw at the time and was told that simply they wanted to hide the fact they didn't renew their security cert.

So they lied to their users.

Sometimes a cert expires and you get cought out like this.

On 28/02/2019 4:49 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Looks like the server-side certificate has expired or may have been compromised.
I'd ignore the one about community.nvda-project.org, as that domain is sort of dead at the moment.
About add-on dev guide: the link you provided opens a really outdated development guide. The absolute latest (and more authoritative) one can be found on GitHub (under nvda-addons repo).
Cheers,
Joseph