Re: POP is unwise [was: Being Unsubscribed for Marking Messages as Spam #adminnotice]

Rosemarie Chavarria

With my old internet provider, I had a pop 3 account. After I got to a certain amount of messages, my email started bouncing. I don't think people are using pop so much anymore but I could be wrong. I wish pop 3 would go away too.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Yes you can. I have about 200 thousand messages on gmail's server and it doesn't really complain at me. You can also clean them up using iMap as well. I use iMap and wish that pop 3 would just go away and die. All the email and attachments are backed up in the cloud and no matter what device as stated you are on you can always get your mail. I lost over 3 years worth of messages once so am not going back to pop3.

On 28 Feb 2019, at 7:49, Gene wrote:

I don't use IMAP so others can answer the question.  But I'm sure you can delete messages if you wish.  As I understand it, you can keep a large number on the server if you wish.

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 9:37 AM

Em 28/02/2019 12:34, Gene escreveu:

unless you want a permanent collection of all your received messages off site.

Does it means that using IMAP I won't be able to delete any message?