Re: Windows OCR Programs for jpg and pdf files

I have abbyy fine reader, thats 300 australian, and I have the latest upgrades for that, I looked at omnipage though and thats 210 dollars nz just for that.

Is omnipage ultimate worth it, I don't use it much at 500 bucks, I wasn't really thinking of getting that, pluss my brother scanner has paperport with it to.

At any rate, I have spent a few weeks trying to get back my serial from abbyy for my scanner ocr product and I have spent about 600 on synths and and windows addition upgrades on this new laptop I got last year.

To be honest if I could afford it, I'd get the k1000 program, which has everything in it but its probably more than omnipage ultimate.

On 1/03/2019 11:13 AM, ADRIAN POCOCK wrote:

Hi Kwork

One outstanding piece of software is OmniPage Ultimate.

It also has the ability to convert a document into mp3.

Depends if you want to spend a lot or not, if you are going to use it a lot then maybe or use an android phone using adobe and acrobat apps together which does work well but a bit of a learning curve.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best Adrian Pocock.

On 28/02/2019 21:52, Kwork wrote:
I'm looking for a good and NVDA accessible OCR program that will work on jpg and pdf files. I've heard that ABBYY FineReader has been recommended in the past, but wondered what would fill my needs now. I don't have a physical scanner, so that's not a consideration at this time. Thank you.

Travis