Re: Chat Solutions for NVDA users

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello,
I use Slack for windows, the app, that works quite well with NVDA now.
the developers implemented short cuts for screen reader users: for example typing f6 pops up the list of messages in a chat. You just have to review them with down and up arrows.
Forms mode is automatically enabled when you want to write a message.
You can set Slack to send notifications when a message is coming, when you are directly mentioned etc...
Out of topic: slack also works well with VoiceOver on an iPhone.
At last, if you encounter an accessibility problem, you can contact the support and they respond rather quickly. They are really willing to improve the accessibility of their product.
There is a list of shortcuts that you can see in typing ctrl+/
I hope this helps.
Best
Sylvie

Le 28/02/2019 à 23:04, Sarah k Alawami a écrit :

II actually use slack for mac, dunno how it works in widnows but we ave 2 ios users, a mac and windows user who all use slack. What issues are you having?

On 28 Feb 2019, at 13:24, Sam Bushman wrote:

Hi All,

I have a huge need to be on a slack / Microsoft teams solution in the corporate world. In fact I am the IT Manager for the company and project.

I know slack doesn’t talk well and Microsoft teams is quite a huge pain to configure and administer.

Does anyone have a great alternative for a slack like system that we can use well with speech and that also works well for the sighted? Needs to support all the common platforms as well.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Thanks,

Sam Bushman